Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I've uploaded my occasional list to my website....

First. a confession -- since I got to thinking (and writing) about Lois McMaster Bujold's A Civil Campaign (see yesterday's blog post)  and because I happen to be between books at the moment -- I pulled my copy off the shelf and started to read it again.

I can't honestly tell you how many times I've read this book over the years (wow, just checked the copyright date and it's actually from 1999) but it's a bunch.  No matter how many times I read it, I'm always finding new nuances to the writing.  I also never seem to get over the snorting (hopefully quietly to myself) during certain portions of the book.

Bujold books bring out the bad habits in me as well -- I stayed up til nearly 11:30PM last night reading because I didn't want to put it down.  Ok, ok, I'll admit I didn't really start reading until after 10:00PM, but that's because it was a Monday and Dancing with the Stars doesn't finish til 10PM.  Yes, I'm one of those sappy people who love Dancing with the Stars.  My family tends to humor me in my sappiness in this case.  And darned if this year isn't going to be a real nail-biter when it comes to figuring out who's going to make it to the final four.  ALL of the competition this year is really good!


So -- back to the actual purpose of this blog post.  I just wanted to mention that I've put together an occasional list (with jpgs) of the consignment books that I took to the Sacramento Book Fair, and have posted it to my website.  If you haven't had a look-see at the books or the catalogue, you can find it here:  Occasional List #1


All of the books on the list should be available on my website and ready for purchase.  (hint, hint)  If you don't find one there -- check with me to see if it either sold, or somehow was accidentally not uploaded.

Finally, tomorrow I'll post the information I found out today about my mysterious envelope that goes with The Story of Babar.   I'll admit, I was terribly curious and kept hitting a brick wall in finding information (and getting outrageously bad information in one case)  so I broke down and asked The Rare Book Guy (Stephen J. Gertz of Booktryst) who, while he had no personal knowledge of this item, had the contacts needed to actually find an answer to some questions about it. Yippee! 




No comments: