Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another month gone by in a flash.

You'd think I'd be able to keep track of time better than this -- it's nearly a month since my last blog entry.  School has long since started, the soccer games (not just the practices) started last week, even Cub Scouts have started for the year.... and still I can't get my blog updated daily.

Yeah, about that.... well, all of the above have now ADDED ON extra time.

Soccer takes up four nights a week (minimum two hours per day- right at dinner time). Plus all day Saturday.

School.... Son Number Two signed me up as a volunteer (well, to be accurate, I signed myself up, but he bugged the teacher into remembering) and now I'm at the school for an hour+  Monday through Thursday helping with MATH class (if you know me, that's an interesting fit). 

And then there's scouts....

Scouts (sigh).  I love the Cub Scouts. I love being a den leader. I don't mind volunteering to do extra (Popcorn chairman... sure, sign me up.... and yes, my garage is filled with popcorn  for the foreseeable future), but when the Cub Master from last year couldn't continue (for a variety of reasons that don't matter here), well then we had to re-organize.  Luckily, I dodged the bullet and didn't end up Cub Master myself -- it was a close shave however.  On the good / GREAT side, the Cub Master who has stepped up has already done more in two months than the last one did in an entire year. 

However, currently, I'm the senior person .... NO, not the OLDEST... I'm the person who's been there the longest because Son Number One started several years ago and has since moved on to Boy Scouts...now I'm finishing up with Son Number Two (he's a Webelos II and will be graduating to Boy Scouts in February).  I'm the only one who remembers what sorts of things the pack has done and generally how we did them.

Not to say there won't be changes. Of course there will, but for the moment, we want to keep continuity going and I get to do extra work to help facilitate this.

Which means that so far, in the past four weeks I've spent no less than 10 hours a week (not including my own den meeting times or prep for my den meetings) working on Cub Scout stuff.... including endless emails, calls, making up and sending out fliers, driving all over town, etc.,etc., etc.,.

I don't mind, but in the mean time, I still have WORK to do -- which has to squeeze into an ever smaller amount of time.

AND THEN--- this weekend is the Sacramento Book Fair!

Don't ask me how clean my house is -- you'll either get a rude answer and a foul gesture, or I'll start to cry. (CAT HAIR IS EVIL INCARNATE!!!)

Yeah, I might see some time off sometime after the month of September, but I have a feeling it's probably not going to happen.


I'm enjoying all of this but.... and this gets back to why the blog has languished....

My time is a bit lacking lately, and the blog suffers because of it.


So that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Now I gotta get back to work.

No comments: