Monday, September 27, 2010

Back in the saddle again.... metaphorically speaking

Yup, definitely metaphorically speaking, as I am NOWHERE near a horse at this moment and haven't been in a saddle with a horse under it in oh.....15 years at the least.

The Sacramento Antiquarian Book Fair is now old news.  I did better than expected, which is to say I expected to not be able to make my booth fee out of gross receipts.  I was happily surprised that I not only made back my booth fee (so I could pay it....) and that I actually made MORE than that.

HA!


Well, it was nice while it lasted.  Unfortunately, since the last two months prior to this book fair have been DISMAL as far as book sales go... well, lets just say a couple of bills got paid from the proceeds of the fair, but it would have been nice if there had been even more sales.

I did take pictures of some of the dealers and their booths.

 Chris Lowenstein of Bookhunter's Holiday.
Lovely booth, lovely books, lovely lady.



 Some of Chris's stuff. 


 More of Chris's Stuff.


 Vic Zoschak of Tavistock Books with a few of his books.
Cool stuff. Always.



Three goofballs-

Wendy Maxwell, wife of Bill Maxwell of Maxwell's Bookmark.
Cool Lady as well - and a great Jazz singer. (she's on the far left)
Next comes Peter Siegel of Bea and Peter Siegel's Books - Cookbooks to DIE FOR!
And Susan of Robert Gavora Fine and Rare Books (sorry Susan, I don't remember if your last name is Gavora or not, so I'll be safe and not sorry later)
Blurry picture. Sorry.


Also notice that I FORGOT to get pictures of my own booth, and of several other booths that I SHOULD have -- but time ran out and my camera battery started to wobble as well.  I took the pictures about 10 minutes before opening bell (which didn't actually go off and people were thronging in while dealers were chatting and away from their booths).



More info on the fair to come as I think of it.

Overall, better than expected, at least for me. Others I know... not so great. 

I'll get to that later.

No comments: