Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I've had this sitting on my desk, waiting to be blogged about for three days....



No, I'm not starting my Christmas / Holiday  selling spree early this year....

This particular book just happened to be on the input pile on my desk this last week and I'm a big fan of Sandra Boynton's books.

I have another older title by her right now as well....


Both of these books feature her fun / funny animal characters and her quirky, but easy to enjoy sense of humor.

Sandra Boynton started creating and selling gift cards (by her own admission as a break from waitressing) between years at college in the early 1970's. Originally sold haphazardly to individual stores, etc. Sandra soon took the greeting cards to a trade show in New York and took up with Recycled Paper Greetings....  after that, her illustrations and her penchant for new /gnu spelling became the fad of the 1980's.

If you'd like more info about Sandra and her work, here's her blog address:  here


Over the years, I've had a number of her books for children -- all of them have made me stop and read them... sometimes more than once.


No matter what mood I'm in, when I see her illustrations and read her books, I always end up happy.

Maybe you do to.

Enjoy.

No comments: