Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baseball season is here!



I promised son number two that I'd put this up -- his brother got an entry post the other day, so he wanted one. I wanted to take a picture of him by himself, but....

SO the game....

the first game of the season....

Total score was 17-14 (other team won, unfortunately, but overall, a great first game). By the way, we've moved up from coach pitch to kid pitch and WOW...

NOBODY got injured. Only one child walked due to being hit. My son is pitching and he's fairly decent. Hopefully as the season rolls along, they all will be doing better.

The weather was MISERABLE. Last week, it was 100 degrees in the shade and no breeze in the air to cool people off. For this game (and NONE of the kids wore extra layers) it was 55 and blowing at a steady 10-20 miles an hour. At 7:00PM, we FROZE.

I talked myself into being a scorekeeper which is a fun job, but not as easy as one imagines, and then you can't really enjoy the game as much (though I did shout encouragement as much as I could through the wind).

Great first game. Hopefully the one on Saturday will be less WINDY!

Son number one's first game is Friday, but we have a practice game tonight. I'll see if I can get more pictures.


As far as book business goes --- well, the wind is up again today which scrambles my brain, I've got an appointment to go to at noon and all I've done today is send in a scholarship application for the Colorado Antiquarian Book Seminar. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I get it. There's NO way I'll get to go without a scholarship. Not this year at least.

No comments: