Monday, July 6, 2009

What a weekend.... wow!

I was hoping to have pictures of the float for you -- I DO have them, I just haven't had the time to get them from my camera to the blog. It's been a LONG (and very fun ) weekend. It started last Week with Friday setting up the float.

I did tell you I was in charge of the whole shebang right? Well I was.

But, with some help from the other parents, and some artistic thoughts from the kids (that's a HOOT.... you had to be there to here & see what it is THEY wanted) we got the float ready for the parade. It only took three+ hours. Luckily, this year, the weather has been kind & it wasn't 100 degrees at 8:00pm.

Saturday, we got out of the house at 8:15AM to get ready for a 10:00 parade start time. Our float was number 55. I got to walk the whole parade route with a couple of the older boys & we threw out candy and waved.

I thought it went over rather well.

We got home around 1:00PM. Then it was time for a tiny rest, and I got to go out and sell fireworks for a couple of hours.

After that, it was a quick dinner and fireworks of our own. Maybe next year we'll go see one of the Fireworks shows put on by the city, but for this year, it was small, NOT noisy fireworks with a bit of flash. The best (according to sons number one & two) were Pop-its and sparklers (with an occasional ground bloom thrown in for good measure).

Sunday, it was fix it day with Uncle Lance (and cleaning day, and shopping day and generally trying to get control of everything that had gone one the previous week).

Today was day one of a week long baseball camp for both boys & their friend. Afterwards, they came over here for the rest of the day. For the rest of the week, see the previous sentence, rinse and repeat.

Hopefully NEXT week I'll be able to get some real work done. I'd like to get back to data entry, show some pictures and maybe go book hunting.

We'll see.

This summertime thing with kids on vacation from school... man, it's tiring!

No comments: