Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What a week .... and it's only Wednesday!

SO....

I thought I'd be able to get back to posting blog entries on a (mostly) daily basis this week. After all, most of the tough, gotta-get-done stuff is done....at least, I keep telling myself that.

But...


I guess not.

First off, I meant to post this picture yesterday.  The Arrow of Light ceremony for my two Webelos Twos went off better than I expected (I wasn't really expecting it to go well at all, so I'm wildly happy with the results).

In order to GET to this point, however, I've gone through a near nervous breakdown. Party organization is NOT my thing.  I can do it, but I don't really do it well. I FORGET things -- or forget them until it's too late to do them WELL.

Case in point, I realized at 2:00 in the morning the day before the ceremony that we had drinks to go with the cake, that we had food (by the way, it was GOOD food too), but we didn't have drinks to go with the food. I had to scramble to get some drink stuff figured out.  (Guess what - people mostly don't drink their coffee black... how was I to know?  I don't even drink coffee.)
Sigh.

Did you know tapered candles are getting harder to find? And they don't come in many colors? Did you? Huh, huh?

I didn't: that is, until I had to go to three stores and ASK questions.


The candles were a symbol of everything that I faced with this party.  Everything got done. But it wasn't easy. And many of the details had to be tweaked... and on short notice.  Don't even ASK about the plaques the boys are holding. DON'T ASK, cause the answer will make your brain explode (or, more likely, my brain will explode).

In the end, it  went well and I can take this as a trial run for next year's event when I get to bridge up six boys (including Number Two Son).


I survived. The party went well and it's all done and over for this year. Not too shabby.

No comments: