Monday, October 12, 2009

Another day, another stack of books

Modays are always my clean-up day. I try not to do "Book" stuff on the weekends so I can spend time with my family (and most weekends are packed anyway, so I hardly even get a chance to sit down at the computer.  This weekend was no different.

Saturday was Soccer stuff (two games and pictures taken).

Sunday was scout service project stuff and then a birthday party.

Somewhere in all that I tried to paint one wall of my bathroom (said bathroom is the one that took a month just to remove the old peeling wallpaper -- in the process I removed all the fixtures except the toilet paper holder: the mirror, the medicine chest, the towel hangers). Most of the items ended up in the bathtub for lack of a better place to put them.  It's really rather awkward to have to leave hand towels out on the vanity counter and not hang them up, but I THOUGHT that it would be very temporary.  Yeah, right.

So now it's about two and a half months later.  (PS: I had no weekends in September available due to book fairs, etc, so I didn't even bother to try anything then). I finally settled on a color of paint. I've put the primer down as a first coat.  This weekend I decided to paint one wall (see, the old saw is, if you paint from corner to corner, doing a wall at a time it shouldn't show strangely so I figure I can DO a wall at a time in the time I have available).

I do like the color.  However, it looks as if I'm going to need at LEAST two coats per wall. Possibly three.

This bathroom isn't going to get finished anytime soon at this rate.

I am, however, at least farther along than I was last month.

Sigh.

But back to Mondays.  Today I was going to process all the orders that came in this weekend (I actually GOT orders, and a couple of nice ones too), ship them off to the post office and then start to plow through some of the other stuff that was laying around for WAY TOO LONG.

Did you know the post office is closed on Columbus Day?

Yeah.  I didn't either.

So I can't actually get the pile of books out of my office. I did get the postage on most of them (except for one package to Australia that my postage program doesn't seem to like).

Then I took pictures of a box of books from the last book fair so I could make sure the pictures and descriptions were together (I only have about 20 more boxes to go in this process).

And then I was going to do TAXES!!!

but I found that I have some how screwed up my database this year.  I don't know if this means I'll have to start over (lucky I'm only on March, right?) or  find a fix for it.

Either way, NONE of that stuff got done.

Now it's off to scouts at 5:00pm and after that, it's the other scout meeting at 6:30.

One of these days, I'll have a day where I actually get WORK done!

Maybe in my dreams.

No comments: