Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday... s'posed to be a work day, Lucy....

Yeah.

Work.

Except that I had to get the computer to AGREE that work was good. 

Updated my Booktrakker program (by the way, the program ROCKS for the most part, but there are times when I want to bang my head on the monitor.... programmers think differently than I do and some days it shows)

So updated.

Then tried something fancy.

Had to reboot

Tried it again (because, of course, the first time was just a fluke, right)

Crashed it again.

Third time, got smart & tried something else.

So, in between that, I spent email time figuring some things out, asking questions, following up on stuff.

Mostly, just waited for the computer to reboot.

Now it's time to pack books.

Soon it will be time to pick up kids and do the whole mom thing for the afternoon.

Maybe TOMORROW I'll work.

Sigh....


Oh, and as I don't have a book today, I'll pick one from yesterday when I DID get a bit of work done.



At the Sacto book fair, I picked this up as it was too cheap to pass up.

It's an early trade reprint edition of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam with illustrations (in color) by Edmund Dulac.

Cool pictures.

Great introduction about Fitzgerald
AND
a neat bit biographical bit on Omar Khayyam as well.


No comments: