Thursday, May 13, 2010

And the NEW thing I'm trying out...

I've been badgered by several book dealers during the last year to try and sell stuff on Ebay. The reasoning goes like this. We have good books. We need to make money. Ebay has LOTS of customers. Therefore we sell on Ebay.

Now, I've done Ebay.  But that was YEARS ago (way back in 1996-97 when selling books was a GOOD prospect). Around about 1999 I pretty much stopped doing anything but occasionally buying on Ebay because the prices you could get dropped like a huge boulder.

The other thing about Ebay (at least for me) is that it is a cumbersome system upon which to list items. It takes WAY more time than it does for me to list 7 or 8 other places (via Booktrakker it's a breeze) and it's as screwy an entity as there ever was.

BUT -- these dealers seem to be making money. Some real money (which is something I could really use right about now).  SO as of three days ago, I started listing on the Bay again.

I think I have five books listed.  It took longer per book than I really wanted. I still have some kinks to work out, but they're up and available for purchase.  Now I hold my breath and wait.  (Oh, and one of the things these dealers included in their listing was the MAKE ME AN OFFER button... which they said can sometimes really work... though there were times when customers were completely unrealistic...)

So I added that button too.

We'll see.

Hopefully I'll remember to keep you updated as to how it goes.  Making some sales would be very nice 'cause they sure aren't happening much anywhere else (yes, we've hit the book selling slump that goes from April until mid October, but darn it, I still have bills to pay).



If I've got this right, I'll have a link to my page with books for sale on EBAY here:  Steph's EBAY Store

check it out for me and let me know if it needs something.

No comments: