Friday, June 12, 2009

Madeleine L'Engle: Space, Time and the Tesseract

I just had to say---

I DID IT!

I got the first of my articles up on my website. After a day's hassle with the goofiness of Microsoft Word not liking the upload editor of my website, I finally got the entire article up (and hopefully the same font... that was the big kicker... the two editors didn't want to swap fonts...)

So now I can say I've done it.

The next articles should be a piece of cake (knock on wood).

If you've never read Firsts Magazine, this is a painless way to start (well, if you like young adult and science fiction too). The copy of my article which is on my website is the PRE-edited by an actual editor version, so there ARE definite changes to the one in the print copy of the magazine. Most of those changes are editorial voice issues, and not textual errors, so it's really no big deal.

I go off to Boy Scout camp with BOTH number one and number two son this week and will be gone for a bit from blogging, but after I get back, I'll try and add a few other articles to the site.

PS: if you didn't know, there is a link to my website on the left side of this blog (it says "Visit my website")

Once there, the article is listed on the Navigation bar Under Madeleine L'Engle...

(PPS: Any time you see a book listed on this blog, chances are that it will be found for sale on my website as well, so you can use the link liberally).

(PPPS: Really, I don't mind. In fact, I'd really like it if people started buying books from the website via the blog. If they did (and noted it in their checkout -- I might be willing to give a discount. AND it would mean I'd try to spend more time updating the blog with new, interesting bits about books and books that I have for sale.)

Enjoy.

No comments: