Thursday, September 10, 2009

Arrived and getting ready for a long day tomorrow.

The trip took neither as long as expected today, nor was it as painful as I thought it would be.

I was expecting the lower back to be a pain (ha - literally), but ... it's been feeling better over the last week, and while it did twinge some during the long drive (about five and a half hours from point A to close to B), I didn't fall over when I got out of the van.

Also, I don't know why, but I find that if I drink lots of fluids, I seem to do better physically on the long drives. I'll have to remember that for future reference.
The drawback to drinking more, of course, is that you have to go to the BATHROOM more. The dilemma is -- if you stop, which you HAVE to do, then most likely, you stop at a convenient rest stop like Mc something... and if you stop at McSomething to use the facilities, then, are you honor-bound to buy food? I always feel that I am. And since I'm trying to NOT eat everything in sight, that means I have to choose carefully. French fries are Verboten. And you can't eat most of the salads while driving (especially without a co-pilot in the front passenger seat). These restrictions don't leave much choice for good eating.

I met up with another book dealer (Chris L) just out of Bakersfield (which is considered the armpit of California ) and we carpooled down the last leg. Meeting her and spending time talking book (shop) talk was great. Tomorrow I hope to spend more time with her and other dealers doing the same.

However -- tomorrow is set up day, so before the fun, I have to do the hard grunt work. I'm going to try to take it easy lifting boxes and book cases. But, knowing me, that might not be possible. I have A LOT of work to do too. I'm hoping that I can get everything I need to do done in decent time.

Keep thinking good thoughts for the weekend. So far, it's looking great.

No comments: